Photo taken from the Baptist Home (current residence of my Dad)high on a hill overlooking Newport. A Reds game (which they subsequently lost badly) is underway at Great American Ballpark across the Ohio River.
Codman with his two daughters during our noontime visit. Following this visit, Chrissie returned to work and Mom and I went for a hit of Cincinnati chili at Skyline. After our bellies were full, we drove out to see brother John for a short period of time before he had to leave to pick up John and Lexi. Then Mom and I stopped at Coney Island to pick up her season pass. I strolled down memory lane but not much remains of the park I loved as a child. Here’s a photo of Moonlight Gardens which held a certain mystique for me as a little girl.
From Coney, we returned to Mom’s house for some bird-watching in the backyard. I took hundreds of photos attempting to get a good one of the elusive cardinals. No luck with a great cardinal photo today but I did get this nice one of Mom smiling. Or was it laughing?
And here are a couple of my less than stellar bird photos for the day. I’ll keep trying. I love those cardinals. These photos include cardinals, blue jays and, I think, a chickadee.
No comments:
Post a Comment